Pharmacy First is looking for a talented professional to assist the Pharmacy Services team by providing effective customer service to clients by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company programs and contracts as well as resolutions for Maximum Allowable Cost (MAC) issues.
The Pharmacy Services Specialist responsibilities include:
- Accept incoming calls and e-mails from retail pharmacies, providers and payers related to offered services and MAC Issues in a timely and professional manner
- Serve as point-of-contact for issue resolution in contracting assistance, participant materials, report requests, general inquiries and MAC claims
- Document as necessary all client contact discussions using the intervention process flow
- Document MAC appeal progress and regularly communicate updates to pharmacies as needed
- Work regularly on open interventions, researching and resolving as quickly and professionally as possible
- Identify issues that require additional investigation, evaluation and/or escalation to management; ensure appropriate documentation and follow-up
- Proven success in customer services and client support
- Experience with managing projects and tasks in an efficient manner
- Effective analytical, oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Systems and software proficiency, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
- Attention to detail and willingness to problem solve to a resolution
- High School Diploma or GED
- One plus year of previous pharmacy experience desired, preferably as a Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy services background, including knowledge of prescription drugs and specialty products desired
Pharmacy First is dedicated to helping the Independent Pharmacy remain competitive and profitable in today’s market. We offer an array of services, including contracting assistance (PSAO), third party payer reconciliation, and adherence services to help meet the most important needs of independent pharmacy owners. Our pharmacies are given the freedom to choose which programs best fits their needs. We pride ourselves in making our pharmacy services available to all independent pharmacies, without specific ties to a wholesaler. Join Pharmacy First today and enjoy the benefits of our pharmacy management team!
Pharmacy First’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Pharmacy First is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
If interested in the position, please contact Scott Chase, Director of Human Resources, at 913-661-0298 ext. 130 or by e-mail at email@example.com