Pharmacy First is looking for a talented professional to execute general marketing and external communication strategies for the organization. The duties include creating and sending informational and marketing-driven communications with a consistent corporate brand as necessary to members, affiliates, vendors, and employees to support sales, marketing, and customer service efforts. The communication channels include social media platforms, company websites, and media relations, writing copy for company newsletters and memos.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist responsibilities include:
- Responsible for outbound communication plans, press releases, newsletters etc.
- Maintains all external and internal marketing materials.
- Manages the Pharmacy First website content and social media marketing channels.
- Implements and oversees various project management functions and works with appropriate individuals across the organization to ensure the execution of marketing and sales campaigns and brand strategies.
- Liaison with external marketing and communications firms to implement communications plans and tactics.
- Consult with Leadership Team to develop a tactical plan for ongoing communications.
- Lead in sourcing content and writing for Pharmacy First’s marketing campaigns and newsletters.
- Write letters, interdepartmental memos and other business correspondence
- Develop materials to educate staff on communication practices
- Coach and assist team members on improving communication skills
- Perform communications research and monitor the progress of various communications strategies
- Ability to perform work with a high-level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive, organized and detail orientated person who can prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication abilities, including writing, speaking and active listening
- In-depth knowledge of best writing and messaging practices for business correspondence, public relations, advertising, marketing and sales copy and social media
- Ability to effectively engage with team members of all levels and across departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field is required
- 3+ years of experience in B2B marketing, including but not limited to email, web, direct marketing, social media, .com, PR, content and collateral development, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and computer software proficiency, with a particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in MailChimp, WordPress, Adobe Illustrator/InDesign to create and maintain work product
Pharmacy First is dedicated to helping the Independent Pharmacy remain competitive and profitable in today’s market. We offer an array of services, including contracting assistance (PSAO), third party payer reconciliation, and adherence services to help meet the most important needs of independent pharmacy owners. Our pharmacies are given the freedom to choose which programs best fits their needs. We pride ourselves in making our pharmacy services available to all independent pharmacies, without specific ties to a wholesaler. Join Pharmacy First today and enjoy the benefits of our pharmacy management team!
Pharmacy First’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Pharmacy First is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
If interested in the position, please contact Scott Chase, Director of Human Resources, at 913-661-0298 ext. 130 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.